Do you find yourself skipping out on your workouts lately? During the summer we tend to fill up all of our spare time on leisure activities. Family cookouts, water parks, lake days, traveling, and more! As a result of all of the fun and games our daily routines can become disorganized.
There are plenty of alternatives that you can follow to keep your healthy lifestyles on track, without taking time to go to the gym. Don’t think about needing more time, start making your work outs part of your days’ work. Little adjustments throughout the day can add up to help you feel great and still keep your busy summer schedules.
You can do things such as:
- Exercise at work – While sitting at your desk you can do small things such as, neck/ankle rolls, sit on an exercise ball, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Keep moving – Instead of sitting and watching television, do sit-up/crunches while you watch! If you are grilling for dinner, run in place! Having friends/family over? Run and play game with the kids! Spikeball and Kan Jam are great ways to get your blood moving in a fun way that doesn’t disturb your fun summer activities.
- Find an exercise friend – Find someone at work or in your neighborhood that is also feeling the gym blues just like you. As a result, take a walk together on lunch breaks or when you get home from work.
- Workout clothes – Make it a priority to change into your workout clothes to motivate yourself to exercise.
- Never forget to continue to drink water and eat fruits and vegetables!
Before we know it the fun of summer is going to be behind us and all we will be thinking about is our personal schedules! Have all the fun that summer has to offer, “just keep swimming.”
By: Mariah Paddock, Dreissig Apparel Inc., Marketing Intern